Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Possibility of opening the forum up to the public
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Possibility of opening the forum up to the public

Possibility of opening the forum up to the public 4 years, 4 months ago #113

• Signal1
  • Builder
Sharon,
I make this suggestion with all due respect for your business operation however, I have noticed for the week that I have been registered here there is very minimal web traffic.

Is there any possibility of opening this forum up to the general public to generate more traffic? I am sure there are many people coming across this site but not in a position to attend one of your hands on days especially if in other states.

I only suggest this because I have hundreds of questions to ask and am sure at some point you will get fed up lol.

Re: Possibility of opening the forum up to the public 4 years, 4 months ago #118

That's a good question, i could create a forum section for public members. I'd want to include a facebook login though, because i wouldn't want to be manually adding the new forum members as I do at the moment, to prevent spammers from joining.

i wouldn't want to allow public access to the whole forum though, because the construction method is specific to Australian conditions and the stabilised rammed earth method, you end up with people with different agendas telling you what you are doing is wrong etc. when the aim of this site and my book (and the workshops) is to teach the Stablised Rammed Earth building method which will I am sure will become the accepted standard method of rammed earth construction in Australia. (Once University of Western Australia has completed their data collection from their two demonstration homes currently under construction and submitte their findings to the building codes board)

Re: Possibility of opening the forum up to the public 4 years, 4 months ago #119

In the mean time of course keep firing those questions i have no problem answering as many questions as you have! it also gives me more material to include in the book! so your questions can help even more people!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds

Member Login

Latest Posts

No posts to display.